I decided to try this one more time. This time I lined them up I might need to get a bit longer pipe and put a little more space between them. SWR's on the NanoVNA show nothing over 1.8. 80m,40m,20m MFJ hamstiks. Noise is completely gone, but now I have to boost the incoming signal.
Made it from one stick of thin super-strut. Next time I attempt something like this I will use the normal thickness stuff. When I was done it was a bit flimsy. I had 4 foot left so I cut it in half and sandwiched them together with 3/8's bolts. The antenna on the left(Open stub j-pole) goes to my FTM400 and the antenna on the right(Tram 1480) goes to my FTM100 that is slave to my HRI200. I ended up buying another FTM100 since a radio had to be sacrificed to the Yaesu gods for the HRI200 to work.
When I moved it from the chimney to the attic I didn't think there would be a problem. However that apparently that wasn't the case. It's literally been raised 5ft now. I think I really should have did this to begin with a year ago.
Well the Slinky antenna failed. Seems I went through this before and failed. Anyhow yesterday when it was almost dark I slapped up a 53ft endfed. I scabbed together a bunch of pieces of 14thhn until I hit the magical 53ft. Took the 9:1 unun from the slinky antenna. Then I climbed the tree again for my rope and bungie. I hope it doesn't matter that the source is higher than the end. It's going south-south-east to north-north-east. Maybe this will work for Tuesday.
Dangit. I keep forgetting about that phone box hanging by it's wires.
It was this or spend 27$ at HRO for a hamstick. Mmmm, that sounds kind of tasty right now. Need to check the fridge for some hickory farms snacks. Anyhow, back to this. I'm kind of short on cash at the moment. So I revisited this old idea. Build list is as follows.
- This is the same fishing pole from field day. 20' Shakespear crappie pole.
- The two slinkys I've had for awhile, but originally got from Wally World. I used to take them with me whenever my wife would want to go shopping. I will play with them on the escalators. Nothing like a little embarassment to hurry the shopping experience along. Pretty handy not having any couth or be embarassed by doing retarded things or just oblivous to such things. Being retarded helps.
- A 9:1 Unun from China, given to me by Craig WB5KUO.
- The tripod was from M&M Wholesalers.
- A bunch of little things from the junk box.
- And the pièce de résistance one of my 25' tape measures for the counterpoise. Easily adjustable and easily stowed in my bag. I wish I had thought of this sooner.
No idea if it works. It receives awesomely.